Just wanted to keep you up to date on our kitchen makeover.
Though it seems we still have a lot to do, I have to remind myself of how far we have come!
It looks like a different room, doesn’t it?!
I really love how big it feels.
We added some hardware to the drawers that I got at Lowe’s…
We also added hardware to the pantry doors…
In the picture above, you can see that Cy has built me a bottom cabinet to the right of the pantry.
I am going to use the baskets that were in the guest house of our last home in that cabinet. (To tour my former guest house, click on the picture.)
I was making sure they would fit in our new cabinet. Now Cy just has to build me a shelf in the middle of that cabinet to hold the baskets.
So here is what we have left to do:
1. Install the microwave above the stove and a cabinet to the right of the microwave.
2. Finish painting the kitchen.
3. Install the subway tile backsplash.
4. Install the open shelving.
5. Install the new faucet.
6. Finish new cabinet doors below the sink.
7. Install recessed lighting.
I think that’s it. We hope to be done by Sunday.
Do you think we can do it?
What do you think of the progress so far?