I hope you are having a great week!
I wanted to share with you one of the projects I completed for the Habitat House last Sunday.
I knew that I was going to need to make a headboard for Jurnei’s room, but wasn’t sure exactly what to do at first.
Can you believe that the very first day of our 5 day journey that Lindsey spotted this headboard at the Habitat Restore in Detroit?!
Brooke and Lindsey started yelling, “Traci! Traci! Come here! You’ve got to see this!”
We knew immediately that we could use the fireplace mantle for a headboard. It was the perfect size to use for a twin bed.
Here are some inspiration pictures that we found on Pinterest…
Aren’t they beautiful?!
Here’s how we made our headboard:
First, Cy cut a piece of plywood the same size of the inside of the fireplace mantle.
I laid the plywood on top of batting about 6 layers thick. Then I trimmed the batting around the plywood, pulled it over the top, and stapled it to the board.
Because we were rushing to get the rooms finished before the home owners arrived, I didn’t have time to take a lot of pictures.
But I did the same thing with the green material that I did with the batting. Just pull the material over and staple it to the back of the board.
I was also wanting to make it a tufted headboard with buttons, but again, time did not allow.
I found some tutorials online for you on how to make a fireplace mantle headboard. Just click on the links below.
Cy attached the plywood to the fireplace mantle with screws, and then he mounted the mantle to the wall.
Because we were running out of time, and the family was arriving in just minutes, Cy nailed a two by four horizontally to the wall and then attached the mantle to the two by four with long screws.
We were thrilled with how it turned out!
The adorable wall decal is from Leen the Graphic Queen.
Leen donated the wall decal to us. Here is the link to the decal in her store if you would like to purchase one for yourself.
I believe that Jurnei was thrilled with her new room!
I pray she has many sweet dreams in her new bed!
Have a blessed day!
Linking this project to…