Good morning to everybody at Beneath my Heart…
It’s Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie and I’m excited to share a quick and super yummy treat with y’all this month!
Spring Rice Krispie Treats is a classic recipe
with a bit of a chocolate twist added to it :)
We all need a little chocolate love now and again- right?!
Spring Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 (16oz) package mini marshmallows
- 8 C rice krispie cereal
- 12 oz white chocolate
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1 drop green food coloring
- Coat 15×10 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large plastic microwaveable bowl place butter and mini marshmallows, microwave 1 minute, stir, microwave 30 seconds, stir well.
- If not completely melted microwave 15 seconds more.
- Stir in half rice krispies; mix well.
- Stir in remaining rice krispies; mix until well coated.
- Pour into baking dish, lightly wet hand with water and press flat into pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Invert onto cutting board or piece of parchment paper and give it a giggle to remove treats.
- In a small microwave dish melt white chocolate for 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir until smooth.
- Place 2 Tbsp chocolate into 2 small bowls and add 1 drop of food color into each bowl.
- Mix well until evenly colored.
- Set aside.
- Evenly spread white chocolate over top of krispie treats.
- Using a fork; drizzle first colored chocolate back and forth across white chocolate.
- Repeat with second colored chocolate.
- Work quickly so it won’t set.
- Allow to cool, cut with a knife into squares.
Our family loves this Rice Krispie Treat recipe! It’s SO quick and easy but extra festive when they get all fancied up with a little bit of chocolate.
Spring Rice Krispie Treats will bring a smile to every face that tastes them :)
Here are a couple of other fun Spring-time treats that you’ll enjoy baking and eating too:
Thank you so much for letting me come and visit each month… I just love Miss Traci to pieces and I’m so grateful she lets me come to share some of the yummy cooking that comes out of my kitchen with all of you.
Happy Spring and Happy Cooking!