Jonathan Won at the Opry!

April 1, 2014 AT 10:14 am 64 Comments

Hey Friends!

I wanted to share some good news with you!  Remember the weekend before last when I told you that Jonathan didn’t win the weekly Talent Search at the Ky Opry?

I shared it in my Sunday Encouragement post.

Well, Jonathan went back to the Ky Opry this past weekend while I was flying home from San Francisco.  Cy took him just for the day on Saturday.

It was so hard for me to miss it, but I was glad he was able to go.  He needed to be one of the weekly winners to make it to the Elimination Rounds and advance further in the competition.

Well, guess what?!

Not only was he the weekly winner in his division, Juniors, but he was also the Overall winner of the night, AND the People’s Choice Winner!

Woohooo!!!

And can you believe this mama missed it?!

Well, I am so glad they video the performances and put them on youtube for me to enjoy.

I wanted to share his performance with you.

We are headed back to the Kentucky Opry on April 19th for the Elmination Rounds.  You can bet your bottom dollar I will be there!  Smile

Thanks for letting me share {okay, brag} about my boy!!

Have a blessed day!!!

Comments

1. Traci … please continue to share your videos of Jonathan with us. He brightens up my day!! I love watching him grow from his first video through this one he has matured so much in so many ways! Love your boy! (that’s not creepy is it?)!? Oh and brag away Momma!!

2. That was really good!! I can see why he won.

3. What a beautiful gift Jonathan has! I just love his voice! Thanks for sharing his songs on your blog :)

4. Renatta Glotfelty says:

You can feel that it’s not just a song to him, but rather, a sharing of his heart and His word. Congratulations to Jonathan and to your family for sacrifice and encouragement!

5. WOW! What a talent he has been blessed with! You’re going to have a little heartbreaker on your hands :)
    Amanda {NoDakNest} recently posted..Vacuuming and Vampires

6. Samantha says:

Brag on momma! :) Wonderful!

7. He is better than most of the contestants on the current TV singing competitions! Congratulations and good luck!

8. Oh my goodness he made me cry. So good! Congrats!

9. Woo hoo!! Congrats to Jonathan !! That’s awesome :-)

10. Amazing talent ~ such a joy to be able to watch him grow and perform♥

11. Your sons voice gives me goosebumps! Soooo good! You must be so proud! Hang on to him momma because great things are going to happen to him!

12. That was so good!

13. Beautiful ! I hope this doesn’t come off as dorky but your son has many things going for him.
    1. Amazing voice
    2. Stage presence – he walked around and showed emotions with hand gestures and eye contact
    3. Very nice looking
    4. Did I mention his amazing voice?

Keep posting them or does he have a YouTube site? I would love to hear more of his singing. You all must be extremely proud!!!

14. Goosebumps!!
    I never comment, ever, but Jonathon you are sooo enjoyable to watch and your voice is beautiful!

15. Great job! So much growth over the past couple of years. Keep it up!

16. Lisa~A Cottage To Me says:

He has grown so much, literally and his vocals, since you’ve first started sharing! Great job!

17. Beautiful sweetie. Love that song too.

18. midwestmom says:

He is great!! Brought tears to my eyes. I can’t imagine how proud you are of him. (not just for winning, but just for how he sings & feels it! and how brave to be on that stage!!!)

19. This is one of my favorite songs and he did it beautifully. Each time I see his videos, he becomes more sure of himself. he just keeps blossoming (if that’s a word) and blessing! Thanks for sharing and don’t stop! Blessings, Debbie
    Debbie recently posted..CHRISTMAS TOUR 2013

20. Congrats and good luck!

21. jennifer says:

Traci, this was a blessing to me . congrats and continued success to Jonathan

22. Thank you so much. Your family blesses us. And thank you Jesus!

23. Woo hoo! So awesome! Congrats to Jonathan!!

24. Just beautiful. You have good reason to be proud.

25. Thank you for sharing. Love watching him sing! Congratulations Jonathan!

26. Amazing! I have goosebumps and teary eyes!

27. My favorite song! He sang it beautifully – made my day!

28. kim wiliams says:

what a gift he has!!!! loved this

29. Tanya Ray says:

Woo hop great job!

30. Praise the Good Lord……He is such a true blessing to me and I feel he will continue to go far with his work for our Precious Savior….

31. Congrats to Jonathan! It literally gave me chills to hear him sing! What a proud moment for all of you! Swell with pride, Traci! You deserve it! You are raising a wonderful young man there!!! <3

32. Mary Stewart says:

His Granny would be so proud!

33. A Rennier says:

Beautiful and heartfelt! PTL

Ann

34. He’s a shinning star in a world where we hear so much negative news about our youth. You have every right to be proud and share him with the world. What a great young man.

35. WOOT WOO….that is awesome news!! Thanks for sharing the awesome video too.

36. Melody Wright says:

One of my favorite songs and he did a beautiful job! Keep showing us his progress. I love your blog and I love and appreciate your posts! Thanks Traci for brightening my day!

37. Judy Morrow says:

Loved seeing this–it so blessed me and gave me goosebumps! I can tell Jonathan knows the truth of what he is singing, and when that is combined with his wonderful voice…well, that’s why he won! Congrats to him, and hugs to you, dear Traci!

38. Donnella Looger says:

Great news. Thank you for sharing your boy’s achievements with us. I’m feeling like a proud Grandma as I feel like you’re family.

39. Paula Herbstreit says:

WOW, WOW, WOW
    I LOVE TO HEAR HIM SING THAT SONG. WHAT AN ENJOYMENT

40. Bravo Jonathan! Great song and great job performing it. How refreshing to see a young man honoring the Lord. I know God has wonderful plans for you.

41. That’s one of my favorite songs, and he sang it beautifully! I can see why you’re proud of him. :) Congratulations!

42. BRAVO! As usual, Jonathan’s voice brings me to tears and moves me in a very Godly way. Bless you all! :)

43. Michelle says:

Oh my goodness what a voice. Gave me goosebumps. I love that song and Jonathan sang it so well. Keep on bragging. Thank you for sharing.

44. Sooooo awesome! Thanks for sharing this great news! I am celebrating right along with you. I know that your precious mom in heaven is so proud too! Much love!

45. Wow! Good job Mom. You must be so proud.Has he considered entering one of the Television competitions?

46. Shirley says:

Oh my what great news. Congrats Jonathan! Great job as always. As you know we love your voice, my husband and I listen over and over. Wonderful blessings are headed your way. You all are a wonderful family and I wait each day to see what you post each day.

God Bless

47. Eyes streaming with tears…so beautiful! That boy is praising God with his whole heart and soul. Can you imagine the joy he brings God? You are raising a wonderful young man and deserve to swell with pride.
    Kathryn recently posted..Primary Colored Pillow Cover

48. All praise to Jesus. What a beautiful job. He has an amazing voice!! He also looks really confident. What makes the song is the beautiful sincere and heart-felt way and spirit with which he sings it…you can tell he means it. May God bless your sweet family as you shine His light.

49. Robin Madison says:

Oh my goodness. I had chill bombs. So awesome. I know you are bursting with pride. God has given him such a gift.

50. Linda Morton says:

Absolutely beautiful and Holy Spirit inspired! One of my favorite songs of all times.

51. Wow. He is fantastic… goosebumps! Congrats to him and to you!!
    Kelly Reber recently posted..How does your Garden Grow?

52. I finally had time to listen to this. OMG…that was awesome! What a voice already at his age. He is going to go far. You have every right to be proud.

53. Traci, brag on girl !!! Jonathan has the voice of an angel, and his stage presence is absolutely AMAZING !!! Please keep us informed as to how he does. With that wonderful gift, I bet he takes the whole thing :-)

Sheila

54. That is my favorite song and Jonathan sang it beautifully! Good luck at his next round!!

55. Great job on a great song!
    sondra recently posted..Oh, February!

56. CynthiaS says:

Congrats!!!! One of my favorite songs and he did such an amazing job! Please continue to share! He will go far with all his talent.

57. Wow.Wow.Wow!!!! You go Jonathan! I love to see young men singing praises to our Lord. I know you and Cy are so proud of him. The Lord is using him in mighty ways.
    Cind @ Rustique Art recently posted..Easy to Make Boot Cuffs – Inspired to Create

58. Christine says:

Two words:
    I cried.

59. judianni says:

Obviously I’m late to this party, but have to congratulate Johathan on a beautiful and blessed performance!!!! Ooh, Mama…you must be overwhelmed with pride and gratitude for the way God has His hand on your boy. The mama in me wants to hug both of you and tell you how wonderful I think it is for him to be so sold out for Christ and using his remarkable voice for praising Him. Oh the places he may
    go….

60. Absolutely amazing rendition … my favourite song of all time and what about that pianist ….awesome…from Australia. I am so pleased I found your blog.

61. Stephanie in KY says:

Gave me chills! Excellent! Go Jonathan!!!

62. I never comment but this kid has something special. I will keep God’s future plans for him in my prayers.

63. Just beautiful. God bless your son. <3