Good morning to all my friends at Beneath my Heart!
It’s Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie … I’m so happy to be here sharing a delightful recipe with y’all.
I don’t know about where you live but in my neck of the woods, the days are getting longer and the temperatures are starting to warm up! It’s time for back yard get togethers and some fun in the sun.
These Cherry BBQ Beef Sliders will totally be a crowd-pleaser this summer!
Cherry BBQ Beef Sliders
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 C beef broth
- 3/4 C dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 C cherry preserves
- 1 C bbq sauce (I like sweet baby rays)
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2-3 springs of fresh thyme
- 2 lbs thinly sliced beef (i used mongolian sliced)
- 12 pretzel slider rolls
- Coat slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Preheat on high.
- Heat saute pan over medium high heat, add oil, add onions; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring until onions are browned and aromatic.
- Put onion in slow cooker, deglaze pan by pouring beef broth into pan, cooke 2 minutes while stirring to scape up flavor bits from bottom of pan.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine.
- Cook high 3 hours, low 6 hours.
- Before serving, shred beef with 2 forks, stir.
- Serve on buns with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
I can’t get enough of these Cherry BBQ Beef Sliders… I’m completely in love with dried cherries! Mmmmm hmmm. Love them :)
Here’s a little look at some of the other yummy cooking coming out of my kitchen…
Thank you for having me today… I always look forward to coming to visit with y’all.