Good Morning all my friends at Beneath my Heart!
I’m so happy to be bringing some of my
Baked Blueberry Lemon Donuts for y’all to enjoy today!
I love it when fresh blueberries are on sale and I can bake with them to my little hearts content. I also like to freeze a bunch to use through the winter too.
Blueberries are one of my favorites~ did you realize how good they are for you?
Blueberries are packed with Vitamin C, Fiber, Manganese all of which help our hearts, our brains, our insulin responce, and they’re cancer fighting too! All that wrapped up in each flavor-bursting-bite. Mmmm mmm.
These baked donuts are a mouth-watering way to incorporate some delightful blueberries into you’re breakfast or snack. Don’t worry~ if you don’t happen to have a cute donut baking pan, you can bake these up in a muffin tin or even a mini muffin tin might be fun!
Baked Blueberry Lemon Donuts
- 1 1/2 C + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 C fat free vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large eggs, 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest (approx 1 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Lemon Glaze:
- 1 C confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat donut pan or muffin tin well with cooking spray.
- Reapply cooking spray between each batch, if needed.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla, and oil.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients into the well.
- Mix to 80 % incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix the blueberries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, and fold them very gently into the batter.
- Scoop batter into a large ziplock freezer bag, zip closed, and snip end of one corner big enough for the blueberries to move thru with the batter.
- Fill each donut or muffin mold 2/3rd’s the way full.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until springs back with a light touch.
- (do not want to brown)
- Rest 2 minutes in pan, invert to remove, cool on cooling rack.
- Lemon Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of the lemon juice.
- The mixture should be thick but pourable.
- Add up to another tablespoon of lemon juice if the mixture is too stiff.
- Drizzle glaze over the top of each donut and let it drip down the sides.
- Let the lemon glaze harden, about 15 minutes, before serving.
Here a few of my other baked donut recipes for you to enjoy….
I just love coming to visit with you each month… I think the world of Traci and it’s wonderful to be a contributor at Beneath my Heart!