Hey friends! I can’t believe I didn’t post for four straight days! Yowza! :)
I’ve been knee-deep in a big blog project, and I just didn’t have the energy or time to post. But I DO have a lot of great pics from my house coming up soon. I can’t wait for you to see my kitchen table area makeover tomorrow!!!!
My sweet friend, Ruthie, is here with another wonderful recipe for you today. This looks AMAZING!!! Enjoy!
We are enjoying a beautiful autumn in my neck of the woods and I hope each of yours has been just as lovely! I’m happy to be here at Beneath my Heart today and I’ve brought along one of my very favorite salads~ Harvest Chicken Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Dressing. I’m promise you this dressing is to-die-for… SO Ah-mazing!
This salad is just wonderful. Oh and if you take off the chicken it’s the perfect side salad to take along to all your holiday gatherings too.
Harvest Chicken Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Dressing
- 4 C mixed salad greens
- 1 apple, core removed and thinly sliced
- 1 pear, core removed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 C red grapes, cut in half length wise
- 1/2 C parmigiano reggiano (flaked or shredded)
- 2 C cooked and sliced chicken breast
- 3/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 C dijon mustard
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 tsp shallots, minced
- 1 C raspberries (preferably fresh)
- 1/4 C water
- 2 C canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Divide salad ingredients evenly on 4-6 serving plates.
- Serve with Dressing and Enjoy!
- In a small sauce pan over medium high heat, add berries and water; bring to boil, reduce to simmer until thickened and sauce-like consistency.
- Strain raspberries through a fine meshed strainer to remove seeds, gently press to release all juices; set aside.
- In a blender add raspberry puree, mustard, sugar, shallots, and vinegar until blended and aireated; approx 2 minutes.
- Slowly drizzle in oil while blending, to form an emulsion.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with salad.
- Leftover will keep well fridge for 3-4 weeks
I hope these recipes inspire you and help make all of your Holidays even more Merry and Bright!
Much Love and Peace~ Ruthie