Hi everybody~ it’s Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie, and I’m so happy to be visiting with y’all again.
Today, I’ve brought one of our favorite cookie recipes… Peanut Butter Cookies but they’re even tastier all dressed up with some mouth-watering milk chocolate on them.
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are going to
put a smile on everybody’s lips that eats one :)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 C shortening
- 1/2 C peanut butter (I used creamy)
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp oil
- sheet of parchment paper
- 1/4 C peanut butter chips, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat half sheet pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl cream shortening and peanut butter, add sugars; mix until smooth.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients all at once; mix just until incorporated.
- Scoop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared pan, cross mark with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Put chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, add oil, microwave for 15 seconds, stir well.
- Microwave another 15 seconds, stir until smooth.
- Repeat a third time if needed.
- Using a sppon to assist- coat half of each cookie with chocolate, set on parchment paper and sprinkle with chopped peanut butter chips for garnish.
- Allow to cool to set.
Summer is flying by and it’s hard to believe it’s already almost the end of July! I hope your summer is going well and you’re enjoying lots of fun with family and friends.
Here are a couple of yummy summer recipe ideas…
I’ve had a busy couple of weeks getting my blog all spiffed up with fresh new look… I’d love have you come on over and check ‘er out sometime at www.cookingwithruthie.com or connect with me on Pinterest, Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram