I am so excited to show you how I made the window seat cushions for my office in less than 5 minutes each! This tutorial is so simple that anyone could do it. You only need a few supplies and very little time to create a custom looking window seat cushion for your own home.
I had originally planned on sewing some cushions for my window seats, and I kept putting it off because I knew it would take me a while to do it. So when I saw the idea of using plywood and foam for a window seat online, I knew I had to try it.
- Material of your choice
- foam (the thickness you prefer.)
- 1/2 inch plywood
- staple gun
I picked up my material from Hobby Lobby with a coupon, got my plywood at Lowe’s, and my foam from JoAnne’s Fabrics. I chose a 3 inch foam, but you can use whichever thickness you like best.
How to Make a Window Seat Cushion:
- Purchase the plywood at your local home improvement store and ask them to cut it the size of your bench top.
- Purchase foam and cut it the size of the plywood. (I used a electric meat carver to cut my foam. Super easy!)
- Cut your fabric so that it is about 6 inches longer than the plywood and foam (all the way around.)
- Lay foam in middle of fabric.
- Lay plywood on top of foam.
- Wrap the material around the foam and plywood just like you would a present and staple the material to the plywood.
If you try this project or have any questions at all, just let me know in the comments below! Thanks for stopping by!
If you like this project, you may also like….