Y’all, did you know how many talented bloggers we have in the beautiful state of Kentucky?!! Well, if for some reason you have never visited my Kentucky buddy, Karianne, from Thistlewood Farms, you are in for a treat!
She is a big bundle of sunshine! That’s the best way I can describe her. :) She lights up a room with her smile, and she and I can talk for HOURS about pretty much anything and nothing at all. She’s here to share a summer tablescape on a budget. :)
She’s also here at the Haven Conference, so I will get to hug her in real life in just a few hours!!! YAY!
My name is KariAnne and I write a blog called Thistlewood Farms and I’m so happy to be here today sharing a few simple and easy ideas to decorate your summer table on a budget.
All you need is a few supplies from the dollar store, some sweet tea and a little imagination.
Here’s six ideas to get this party started.
1. I made a center runner on the table from colorful cupcake liners.
It took a package to make it.
I just cut a diagonal line out of one side of the cupcake liner until it resembled Ms. PacMan.
Then I taped them together with washi tape.
Super cute runner for under $2.00.
2. I just used bright colorful paper napkins to add pattern.
3. Then I layered it with a pipe cleaner flower I made from pipe cleaners.
You could use as a place card holder.
4. I mixed patterned paper plates with melamine plates to give a bright pop of color.
5. The center runner on the table is just wrapping paper.
I love the graphic design and super easy clean-up.
6. I found these fun tags in the gift aisle.
It’s the perfect party game….each tag has a question printed on the back.
If your store doesn’t have them….you could just make your own from scrap-book paper.
Just in case you were wondering….
….my least favorite household chore is ironing.
7. I also made the fun hanging decorations from the cupcake liners, too.
And then hung them from the chandelier along with more tags hanging from strings.
To make the decorations….I folded the cupcake liners in fourths.
Then I punched holes and threaded a pipe cleaner through and fluffed.
Each mini decoration cost about .20.
8. I also draped ribbon I curled from the chandelier.
Simple and easy table decorating ideas on a budget.
Easy and fun and perfect for a summer party.
Just add sweet tea. :)