Hey friends! Happy Monday! :)
The weather here in Kentucky has been amazing the past few days and is going to continue throughout the week! Isn’t it amazing how much SUNSHINE can change your attitude and the way you are feeling? Oh my goodness, I think what I love about days like we have been having is how it takes me back to those lazy, carefree days as a child. When I would literally lay in the grass and watch lady bugs crawl on the leaves. #thosewerethedays
This past weekend, we decided to have some friends over and grill out. It was such a great time to just sit outside and enjoy the blessings of friendships.
I made one of my favorite salads for our meal, and I wanted to share it with you here on the blog.
It is made up of very simple, but delicious ingredients.
Doesn’t it look amazing?! The dressing is homemade, and you simply toss all of the ingredients together before serving, and voila! YUM! :)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 T. chopped fresh basil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained and chilled
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 head romain lettuce, torn
- 1 (16 ounce) package bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 (4 ounce) package sliced almonds, toasted
- Whisk together the first four ingredients in a large bowl, blending well.
- Add oranges and lettuces, tossing gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and sliced almonds.
- Serve immediately.
- Wash the lettuces the night before. Wrap the leaves in a damp paper towel, and chill in zip-top plastic bags. Cook the bacon and toast the almonds ahead too. Assemble and dress salad right before serving.
All of our friends loved this salad, so give it a try, and let me know what you think!