I made a precious new friend at the SNAP conference in April. She was my roomie, and she was so cute and sweet. She has a fabulous cooking blog that I knew my readers would just love, so I asked if she would guest post for me sometime. Thankfully, she said “yes!”
Please warmly welcome, Ruthie!
Hi to all of Beneath my Hearts friends! I’m Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie and I’m SO excited to be here today to share a delicious recipe with you!
It’s that time of year when we’re all trying to shred a few of those winter pounds…
I try to make my recipes as healthy as possible without sacrificing any flavor
This delicious Skinny Banana Chip Cake that I’m sharing with you today is a fabulous example of having your cake and eating too (with less calories!)…
Skinny Banana Chip Cake
- 1 (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 1 1/4 C water
- 3 eggs or 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites- like I did
- 2 1/2 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 C minced pecans
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray with cooking spray a fluted bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, water, and eggs; mix well.
- Add bananas; mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans, mix until incorporated.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on cooling rack, turn out cake and complete cooling on rack.
You’ve probably notices there’s no oil listed in the ingredients and that’s the really AWESOME part— there’s not any!
Don’t worry though- this Skinny Banana Chip Cake is still moist and flavorful and delicious :) Hmmm, mmmm.
I’m so glad to have been able to visit with you all today and share this mouth-watering Skinny Banana Chip Cake!
While we are thinking about delicious recipes here a couple of my other favorite Healthy/Skinny recipes that you may enjoy…
I just LOVE Traci… I was able to room with her at Snap a blogging conference a couple of months ago and let me tell you she is just adorable! Oh my. She kept me laughing the whole conference! Here’s photo of us that weekend…
I love all the friends I have made through blogging… it’s a part of blogging that I didn’t realize, that I’d have the chance to meet and make friends with so many amazing and talented people.