Ruthie’s here again! I get so excited each month to see what she is going to share with us! She never disappoints. :) Enjoy!
I am thrilled to be sharing a cute Holiday sweet recipe with all of you here at Beneath my Heart …
Can you believe it’s this time of year again? I love the Holidays SO much but this year they’ve seemed to sneak up on me a little bit. We’ll all be decking those halls in just matter of days and then we’ll be baking away all those sweet and lovely treats.
I thought it’d be fun to share this easy and festive Candy Cane Fudge with you today- it’s easier than most recipes so that’s a plus!
Candy Cane Fudge
- 16 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/3 C crushed mini candy canes
- Line an 8×8 pan with foil, leaving overhang to use for handles.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Toss chocolates, baking soda, and salt in medium heatproof bowl until baking soda is distributed evenly.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
- Set bowl over 4 quart sauce pan containing 2 C simmering water.
- Stir with rubber spatula until chocolate is almost fully melted and a few small pieces remain, 4-4 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat and continue to stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan, spread evenly, sprinkle with candy cane pieces.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Garnish with additional candy cane pieces if desired.
I hope these recipes inspire some delicious Holiday Baking in your kitchens.
May the holidays be a wonderful time for you and your families… I just love this time of year!