Chocolate, Almond Banana Bites
Good morning all my friends at Beneath my Heart!
I love coming to visit with you each month… thank you so much for having me. I can hardly believe how fast the summer flew by, my kids started school this past week and I’m starting my last year of Culinary School this week! We are back in the swing of things.
I always like having tasty and healthy after school snacks around for us all when we get home from busy, busy days.
Chocolate, Almond, Banana Bites are the perfect answer to that dilemma! You’re whole family will love them so much…
Chocolate, Almond, Banana Bites
- 2 bananas
- 1 C dark or milk chcocolate chips
- 1/4 C rough chopped almonds
- 8 wooden skewers
- parchment paper
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, microwave 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir well.
- Microwave additional 15 seconds if nessesary or until chocolate is smooth and no bumps remain.
- Place almonds in shallow bowl.
- Place parchment paper on a plate or small baking dish that will fit in the freezer.
- Break each banana into 4 sections.
- Inset wooden skewer into the top of each section.
- Dip each banana section half way into chocolate.
- Dip into almonds, place on parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining sections until all dipped.
- Place into freezer and allow to freeze solid- approx 3 hours.
- Once frozen enjoy and save any leftovers in a freezer baggie.
I hope you’re summer is winding down nicely and you and your families enjoy these Chocolate, Almond, Banana Bites this school year!
Here are a few more delicious recipes as we look towards autumn…
Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Syrup
Skinny Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
I hope you have a wonderful day and very Happy Cooking!
I’d be thrilled to have you come visit me at www.cookingwithruthie.com or connect with me on Pinterest, Google+, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Just curious where you got the wooden skewers for the chocolate almond banana bites?
Hi Sharon! I just got those at my local dollar store :) they’re cute more like skewer like that… Any wooden pick would work though. Have a great day! Ruthie
those look delicious and I can’t wait to make them. Do you do anything to keep the bananas from browning?
Enjoying them frozen helps to slow the browning and if they stay around for a few weeks they may begin to turn but if your like my family they will quickly be gone :). Ruthie
Easy and delicious – this is my favourite. I think to cover the whole banana bite with chocolate to prevent it from getting brown.
And the more chocolate the better :) xoxo~ Ruthie
Banana with chocolate! You can’t go wrong with this combination… Your bites look very cute, Ruthie.
Perfect idea for party bites. I`ll probably make 2 kinds of these bites. One with nuts and the other with white chocolate. Thank you for the inspiration.
I am in love in this banana bites. So delicious taste it!
I am in love in this banana bites. So delicious!
@ Lili S. What happened with the white chocolate? I dont think it’s so good as the dark one?
It’s an award winning recipe great job :)
What an inspiration <3
You were right!My family fell in love with these chocolate, almond banana bites.Now I am preparing it for the second time and I am feeling so inspired! Thank you for this recipe!
I am sending you my love and gratitude,
That looks fantastic!!!