Good morning all my friends at Beneath my Heart!
I love coming to visit with you each month… thank you so much for having me. I can hardly believe how fast the summer flew by, my kids started school this past week and I’m starting my last year of Culinary School this week! We are back in the swing of things.
I always like having tasty and healthy after school snacks around for us all when we get home from busy, busy days.
Chocolate, Almond, Banana Bites are the perfect answer to that dilemma! You’re whole family will love them so much…
Chocolate, Almond, Banana Bites
- 2 bananas
- 1 C dark or milk chcocolate chips
- 1/4 C rough chopped almonds
- 8 wooden skewers
- parchment paper
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, microwave 30 seconds, stir well, microwave 15 seconds more, stir well.
- Microwave additional 15 seconds if nessesary or until chocolate is smooth and no bumps remain.
- Place almonds in shallow bowl.
- Place parchment paper on a plate or small baking dish that will fit in the freezer.
- Break each banana into 4 sections.
- Inset wooden skewer into the top of each section.
- Dip each banana section half way into chocolate.
- Dip into almonds, place on parchment paper.
- Repeat with remaining sections until all dipped.
- Place into freezer and allow to freeze solid- approx 3 hours.
- Once frozen enjoy and save any leftovers in a freezer baggie.
I hope you’re summer is winding down nicely and you and your families enjoy these Chocolate, Almond, Banana Bites this school year!
Here are a few more delicious recipes as we look towards autumn…
I hope you have a wonderful day and very Happy Cooking!