- 1/2 cup butter or shortening (I had shortening…but butter would be great too)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk, 2% is fine
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemons, zest
- 1 lemons, juice of
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until creamy.
- Blend in milk. Add in 1 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- Pour into batter.
- Stir to moisten.
- Scrape into greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. (or 3 small little mini loaf pans)
- Bake in 350f degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Thank you so much, Tracie!
I cannot wait to try this recipe. I can think of a ton of people I could give this to as a gift this Christmas.
Be sure to stop by Tracie’s wonderful blog, Cleverly Inspired, for even more wonderful ideas and inspiration.
Like this Christmas “wishing” chair…
Have a blessed day!