I am so thrilled to be participating in Beth from Home Stories A to Z’s blog hop called “How to Decorate.”
I am joining 25 other fabulous bloggers to talk about all kinds of decorating ideas, tips, and tricks. It is such a fun series to follow.
If you are joining me from Jessica’s blog, WELCOME! I LOVE Jessica (and her accent.) Have you ever heard her talk? It’s a hoot. She gets a kick out of my southern accent too.
Okay. I digress.
Now let’s get to my decorating topic!
Two pieces of furniture that many of us buy when we get our first place to live is a couch and coffee table. Ya just gotta have them.
If you only had these two pieces of furniture in your house, you would still be set. The couch could also serve as your bed, and your coffee table could do double-duty as your dining table.
But hopefully most of us have passed those days and have been able to add more pieces of furniture to our homes.
And since we don’t have to use our coffee table as a kitchen table, we can now have fun styling it!
But where do we start?
I used to think styling a coffee table was difficult, but it really isn’t. Here are 5 easy steps to styling your coffee table.
Step One: Add a tray to your coffee table to organize some of the items in steps two through five.
Step Two: Place some books or magazines on your table that are interesting for you or your guests to read.
Step Three: Bring your coffee table to life with fresh flowers or greenery.
Step Four: Set out one ore more decorative accents that are unique to your taste and could be a conversation starter for your guest.
Step Five: Either for ambiance or the smell, add a candle to your coffee table.
Now here are some inspiration pictures of my favorite coffee table styling…
Do you see all five of the steps on each of these coffee tables?
See if you can spot them.
Here’s a little test…
What is missing on the coffee table in this picture?
Did you say fresh flowers or greenery? If so, you are correct!
I love that coffee table, but fresh flowers or greenery would really bring that space to life!
Now of course, you will not be breaking any laws or decorating rules by not following all of the five steps to style a coffee table mentioned above.
But if you have trouble figuring out what to put on your coffee table, these steps will help you get started.
Now it is time to jump on over to the next blog in this blog series. You are in for a real treat!
Here is the entire How to Decorate series…
1. Beth, Home Stories A to Z: How to Find Your Decorating Style
2. Courtney, A Thoughtful Place: 5 Gallery Wall Styles
3. Stacy, Not Just A Housewife: How to Decorate with Plants
4. Myquillyn, Nesting Place: Turning a House into a Home on a Thrift Store Budget
5. Donna, Funky Junk Interiors: How to Turn Worthless Junk into Home Decorating Must Haves
1. Melissa, The Inspired Room: The Secret Ingredient Every Room Needs
2. Jessica, Four Generations One Roof: How to Decorate with Container Plants
3. Traci, Beneath my Heart: How to Style a Coffee Table
4. Cyndy, The Creativity Exchange: Tricks for How to Zone in on the Perfect Paint Color
5. Laura, Finding Home: 5 Ways to Personalize Your Home
3. Kim, Sand & Sisal: How to Decorate Coastal (without lookin’ all Margaritaville!)
4. Diane, In My Own Style: How to Decorate so You Feel at Home
5. Melissa, 320 Sycamore: 3 Decorating Truths in any Home
2. Rhoda, Southern Hospitality: Adding Architectural Interest
3. Lindsay, Makely: How to Decorate With Color and Not Feel Like You Live Under the Big Top
4. Jen, Jennifer Rizzo: Easy table top decorating with the display rules of 1-2-3
5. Heather & Vanessa, At the Picket Fence: Blue Home Decor Ideas …I’ve got the blues!
1. Brittany, Pretty Handy Girl: Color Harmony in Decorating
2. Marianne, Songbird: Decorating Tips from a Lazy Decorator
3. Jen, Tatertots & Jello: How to Decorate with Spray Paint
4. Brooke, All Things Thrifty: The Six Best Things About Decorating
5. Wendy, Shabby Nest: Making a Rental (or any space for that matter) Your Own