I wanted to share with you an update about our host daughter this summer!
We are hosting her through Project 143. It is a wonderful program that brings HOPE to orphans through hosting.
We are hosting a sweet little seven year old girl, (who looks ridiculously like our little Eli) and we are super, super excited about it!
She will be staying with us the whole month of July!
As part of our paperwork, we are asked to write her a letter, and I wanted to share it with you.
We would be honored if you would pray for us as we prepare for her visit. And we would also love for you to pray for her. I know it will be a little scary for her to travel over to the states at her age, although she will have a chaperone. Pray that the Lord would keep his hand upon her until she is safely in our home. :)
There are still more orphans that need a host family this summer.
I found this information on the P143 Yahoo group board, and I wanted to share it with you:
What Are You Waiting For?
Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity!
NOW is the time to choose a host child. As director of Project One Forty Three’s International Host Program for Latvia I can promise you that now is the best time to choose a host child.
Why? You may ask…
1. We are beyond the half way point in our photo listing summer hosting sign ups. This is the time when you will find MORE LARGE GRANTS and THE MOST SCHOLARSHIPS placed on the children!
2. You still have ample time without rushing to complete your paperwork!
3. There are still many, many wonderful children on our listing WAITING, HOPING to have a family with whom to share their summer!
4. There is still plenty of time to fund raise to offset the initial costs of hosting!
5. THERE IS NO OTHER TIME LIKE THE SUMMER to give as a family, open your home, share your beliefs and express your love to a child who needs this most.
The Ultimate Answer…
Giving is like a mirror… The blessing you give – you will receive…
…Give, and it will be given to you:
good measure, pressed down, shaken together,
and running over will be put into your bosom.
For with the same measure that you use,
it will be measured back to you.”
I myself I am a witness to the truth of this scripture from my own personal hosting experiences. But also, as the director, I see countless orphan children blessed… but I also hear the countless miracles of changed families who were also unexpectedly blessed by their hosting experience.
Won’t you be blessed this summer?
Host An Orphan. “Give, and it will be given to you:”
If you would like to prayerfully consider hosting a child this summer, you can find out more information by clicking the button below.
And of course you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.