It’s Ruthie from Cooking with Ruthie and I’m so happy to be back to share one of my very favorite breakfast recipes.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes are the perfect way to start your families day!
I love this recipe because it uses fat free greek yogurt instead of oil so they’re healthier for you but still taste Ah-mazing!! Yay.
If you happen to have a few leftover- just freeze them in a plastic freezer bag then on those busy mornings just pop a couple in the toaster and your out the door with a quick and easy breakfast in now time!
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 cups low fat milk
- 1 cup fat free vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 banana, halved and sliced
- pure maple syrup for serving
2. In additional small mixing bowl combine milk, greek yogurt, eggs; whisk to combine.
3. Make a well in center of dry mixture, add wet; mix until just incorporated- do not over mix.
(small lumps are expected)
4. Add mini chocolate chips and banana’s; gently fold into batter.
5. Coat griddle with cooking spray, place griddle over medium heat, once pan is hot add 1/3 C batter per pancake, when small bubbles appear flip to cook other side.
6. Remove from heat and repeat for additional pancakes.
7. Serve with pure maple syrup and additional banana slices if desired.
You’re whole family will love them. This recipe is so simple to adapt- if you’ve got fresh blueberries in the fridge just replace the chocolate chips and bananas with those. You get the idea… the options are endless!
Here are a couple of other fun Spring-time treats that you’ll enjoy baking and eating too:
Thanks for having me~ I’ve loved coming to share some of my kitchen creations with all of you.