Anyway, since I have rugs on the brain right now, I thought I would share with you the trend of using decorative rugs in the kitchen!
Here are some tips to think of when picking out a rug for your kitchen:
- Durability is key when picking out a rug for your kitchen. Pick flat weave rugs that are both cleanable and durable like wool or acrylic yarns suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Pick out a rug that is colorful or has a busy design to help hide those inevitable stains that happen in the kitchen setting.
- If your rug does not have a non-slip backing, be sure to place it on top of a non-slip rug pad to keep your rug in place.
- When placing a rug in front of the kitchen sink, consider using a thicker rug pad underneath to add some extra comfort to your feet and legs when standing in place to wash the dishes.
- (I love this great tip from Pottery Barn:). When mixing colors, just remember the 60-30-10 rule: keep 60 percent of your décor in the dominant color f the room (this is usually the color of your walls or cabinets). The next 30 percent is the primary accent color and the remaining 10 percent is an extra accent color, which you can easily incorporate into the room with decorative accessories. Following this rule, choose a rug that picks up your secondary color to coordinate nicely with the kitchen’s existing color palette.
Need a new rug for your kitchen? Click on the affiliate links below to get started!
Do you have rugs in your kitchen?
How many? Where are they placed?
I’d love to hear all about it!