Sharing my mom’s simple sweet tea recipe today!
*BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE 35% OFF CODE for my Gevi Nugget Ice Maker AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST!
In the south, we love our sweet tea! But did you know that when I was a kid, I didn’t like it? 😳 My whole family loved drinking sweet tea except my sister and me.
Everyone said my mom made great sweet tea, but I never knew what it tasted like….until I got married.
Cy LOVED sweet tea and would ask me to make it for him when we first got married. Unfortunately, I had never made sweet tea, so I asked my mom how she made hers. I wanted to make it EXACTLY like she did, so I would know that Cy would like it.
Mom told me her very simple sweet tea recipe, and I have made it for 25 years EXACTLY like my mom told me to. Cy and the kids LOVE it every time!
This sweet tea recipe is soooo simple, which makes it even better!
Mama’s Sweet Tea Recipe
Mama’s Sweet Tea Recipe
4 small tea bags of choice (I use Lipton)
1 cup of sugar
- Boil water in a small pan on the stove.
- Add 4 small sweet tea bags to boiling water and remove from heat.
- Let steep for 5 or more minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of sugar into 2 qt pitcher
- Pour steeped tea into sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add more water to fill pitcher and stir.
- Serve and ENJOY!
How do you make your sweet tea? Is it the same or similar to mine? Feel free to share in the comments below. :)
Also, I shared a few weeks ago on instagram that I got something for my kitchen that I’ve been wanting for a few years now…a nugget ice maker!
Its the Gevi 1000B. and my model is white/cream and gold, but it also comes in black.
I love it so much, and so does my whole family! We use it all day every day. ❤️ I shared about it on my instagram account and answered some questions people had. Here is a video of those stories…
Why do I love nugget ice so much? Well, here are some benefits.
Nugget Ice Benefits
Nugget ice is a type of ice that is made from small, round pellets. It is often used in restaurants and bars, but it is becoming more popular for home use as well. There are many benefits to using nugget ice, including:
- It is very cold. Nugget ice is made at a very low temperature, which makes it colder than traditional ice cubes. This is great for drinks that you want to stay cold, such as cocktails and smoothies.
- It is easy to chew. Nugget ice is small and soft, so it is easy to chew. This makes it a good choice for people with sensitive teeth or who have difficulty chewing.
- It does not dilute drinks. Nugget ice is made with very little air, so it does not dilute drinks as much as traditional ice cubes. This means that your drinks will taste more flavorful.
- It is slow-melting. Nugget ice melts slowly, which means that your drinks will stay cold for longer. This is great if you are having a party or if you want to enjoy your drink over a long period of time.
- It is aesthetically pleasing. Nugget ice looks great in drinks and on serving trays. It is a great way to add a touch of class to your next party or gathering.
If you are looking for a type of ice that is cold, easy to chew, does not dilute drinks, and melts slowly, then nugget ice is a great option. It is becoming more popular for home use, and it is a great way to enjoy your favorite drinks.
I have a 35% off coupon code for you to get your own Gevi Nugget Ice Maker!
Let me know if you decide to get one!
And one more thing….I actually like the taste of sweet tea now! After 25 years of making sweet tea for Cy, I have taken a sip or two, (or 100😂) to test the sweetness, and I have actually acquired a taste for it! So thankful to my mom for teaching me how to make it all those years ago. ❤️
Have a blessed day, friends!
P.S. Check out more recipes on my blog HERE.