Happy Saturday, friends!
I am so excited to share with you Jonathan’s new single that came out yesterday!
So, Jonathan wrote this song almost two years ago when we moved from our Brentwood home out to our new property, Still Waters. He wrote it with these amazing writers: Devin Dawson, Mark Trussel, and Ava Suppelsa.
Jonathan brought the song idea into the room. He wanted to write something that expressed how he and our family felt moving from the city to the country…back where our “small town hearts just might beat back to life.” (lyric from the song)
When Jonathan played the demo for me, I LOVED IT!!! It’s such a fun, upbeat song that expresses all the joys of being outside and enjoying the creation God made for us to enjoy. ❤️
If you follow me on instagram, you may remember I made a reel of our move to the country with Jonathan’s demo of “Outta Here” playing in the background. Here it is from August 2022…
We’ve been listening to this song for a year and a half, and it never gets old. Jonathan went into the studio earlier last year to do the final recording. He produced the song with Luke Laird and Mark Trussell. It’s so cool that Jonathan gets to have his name on this song as the artist, the writer, AND the producer of this song!
As their mama, it is soooo fun to see all the behind the scenes work that goes into creating music and creating videos. I get to hear about where Jonathan gets his ideas for his songs, I get to hear the demos of his songs…some make it to the studio for a final cut, and some stay in demo form. Either way, it’s so much fun to watch and listen to Jonathan write about his life in songs.
And then to see all the planning and work that goes into producing the videos! Luke has such a creative brain and does such a great job of bringing his ideas to life. Luke is a self-taught photographer and videographer, and I am so proud how he has worked to perfect his craft! Again, it’s such a JOY to watch.
I love seeing my children do what they love for a living. There’s nothing better.
The video is full of clips with Jonathan’s friends, and a few clips of time spent in Georgia with Cy’s family.
A couple fun behind the scenes details for this video:
- The boat that Jonathan was riding in on the Cumberland River is his cousin’s, Drew, (my brother’s son.) Drew was in the boat with Jonathan and Luke while they were filming.
- The duck hunting scene was filmed in Arizona on some property owned by Jonathan’s friend, Luke Collins.
- The scene around the fire pit (second verse of the song,) where Jonathan causes the fire pit to flip over and embers fly up in the are was NOT planned. That was a total accident and a genuine reaction. 😂 It’s crazy how it fits perfectly to the music! That’s what you call a “happy accident.”
- The office scenes were filmed in downtown Nashville at Jonathan’s management company’s building. It was the perfect corner office for the scene!
- Jonathan’s management thought maybe Jonathan should have a girl in the video with him, but Jonathan doesn’t want to make any videos with a girl (as a love interest) in it until he is married. He only wants his (someday) wife to be in his videos. ❤️
- You can see Adam and Eli, and their cousin, Casey, also making cameos at the end of the video when the boys went hunting on Pop and Gammaw’s farm down in Georgia.
So many fun memories were made in the making of that video! Thanks for letting me share it with you.
Like I have said before, you can find all of Jonathan’s music on all steaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Music. And you can find all the links you need and even some merch on his website here.
He has some more songs coming out this spring, and I will be sure to share them with you too!!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!